Friday, October 3, 2014

Second opinion revised

I got the package that the vet had sent with the Vet Concept food, the probiotics and the homeopathic pills. Basti was in a good mood, she was eating and when I mixed the new food in with her old food, she literally fished the new food out of her bowl and left her old food. I was ecstatic! Took out the old food, gave her a full bowl of new food and she ate that too. Of course, at this point, I went overboard and gave her the probiotics sprinkled over her new food. She ate it but wasn't happy with it.
Basti is being pensive...

The next day, I gave her the new food and she refused. I kept trying until the middle of the afternoon and then I had to cave; I put her back on her old food which she happily ate again. 

In the days that followed, I managed to hand-feed her the Vet Concept at about 10 grams a day and only fed her the probiotics on her old kibble. Additionally, I would wait until she had eaten at least 50 grams before putting the probiotics on her food; if she decided not to eat, at least it wouldn't hurt her as far as calories were concerned. 

In the mean time, I spoke to the vet tech a second time and mentioned what had happened. She said she'd discuss it with the vet and called me back afterwards. Not happy with the response: keep trying to feed her the new food. There have been mails back and forth since then but without seeing me or my cat, I get the feeling it's all very 'passive'...like they don't really care. I prefer my own vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment