Saturday, August 23, 2014

A new meaning

BUNDLE OF JOY

Of course, Basti isn't this tiny ball of fluff anymore. She's now a little over 3 years old and a little wacky at times. In many ways, she reminds me a little bit of my previous cat Topaz, a sand colored Birmese. They say that IBD is often a disease that pedigree cats have and it wouldn't surprise me if she has Siamese blood in her veins.
Basti wrapped herself in my shirt
What does surprise me is that the average age by which time a cat is diagnosed with IBD is 6 years! How on earth is it possible that it takes a human 6 years to find out that the constant diarrhea and frequent bouts of anorexia (with or without vomiting) mean more than just finicky eating habits?

Of course, this makes me wonder if what she has really is IBD. I may be in denial  but the fact that she was diagnosed with IBD at age 2 in stead of 6 gives me pause to think.

I'm assuming that without the prednisolone I'm giving her, she's in a fair amount of pain. At a quarter pill every 3 days (the current amount she's on), she's supposedly not in any danger of becoming diabetic as well. I hate giving it to her but she is my bundle of joy and I don't want to see her all stressed out or in pain. Sometimes, however,  she gives that term a whole new meaning!




No comments:

Post a Comment